Coaches you will need to bring with your Gold Card License when you check in. You can get this after you have completed and passed your 3 courses and background check. Go to the 3 lines in the upper right hand corner of the screen next to your profile, click on it and then click on request license card. This can take 4 weeks to receive.
The NCAA Enforcement Certification and Approvals Group (ECAG) has adopted the USA Basketball Gold Coach License program as a requirement to operate an NCAA-certified event or league OR to participate in coaching activities/sit on the team bench at an NCAA-certified event. USA Basketball and the ECAG want to make the process seamless for you and hope you enjoy the benefits that come with being a Gold Licensed coach.
The following explains the steps to obtain your USA Basketball Gold Coach License with NCAA Status:
Step 1: Create your account: Click HERE when ready and proceed through the registration steps to the payment screen. Remember, to meet the NCAA requirement, you must identify yourself as needing a license for the NCAA requirement, then select and obtain the GOLD Coach License.
- U.S. Applicants: The fee for the USA Basketball Gold Coach License with NCAA status is $55 (plus additional background check fees if applicable). However, if you choose to apply during an event month (April or July) the fee is $105.
- Non-U.S. Applicants: The fee for the USA Basketball Gold Coach License with NCAA status is $77. However, if you choose to apply during an event month (April or July) the fee is $127.
The license is valid from the day of approval through August 31 each year.
Step 2: Complete a new background check: Once registered you will be taken to your coach dashboard. Select the BACKGROUND SCREENING bubble to begin your background check through our screening partner.
Click HERE for the background check disqualifying criteria that could result in a license denial. Background checks are automatically updated every 30 days through August 31, 2017.
IMPORTANT: You must start a new background check even if you hold a valid check from last year. This ensures that your license remains in good standing through the license season. Some states and/or counties charge a fee to access your records and you will be required to pay these pass-through fees directly through Verified Volunteers. These state/county fees cannot be avoided.
- Applicable Counties Summary: Several counties in Arkansas, California, Florida, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
- Applicable States Summary: Colorado, Maine, Montana, New York, South Dakota, and Vermont.
- Click HERE for a listing of states/counties with pass-through fees.
Step 3: Take your courses: On your dashboard, select the COURSES bubble and complete the three required courses in your account – Youth Development, SafeSport and NCAA Eligibility. The courses typically operate best if you use a Google Chrome internet browser.
Once your background screen is clear and you have completed your courses, you will become automatically licensed through August 31, 2017 and receive the benefits associated with your license.
Step 4: NCAA Basketball Certification System (BBCS) requirements: You will also need to complete steps required by the ECAG in the BBCS including event/league applications, coach registration, and roster submissions. ECAG will be launching a NEW BBCS in 2017; so you will need to wait until then to complete this step.
Ready to start your USA Basketball Gold License Application? REGISTER NOW
Want to know more about the USA Basketball Gold Coach License program? LEARN MORE
Want to know more about ECAG Basketball Certification process and requirements? LEARN MORE
Have a question? CONTACT USA BASKETBALL