MLK 3 on 3 Tournament
January 20, 2020
Game times will be every half hour beginning at 9am and going until mid/late afternoon.
COST AND ELIGIBILITY
$120 per team fee
- 20 minute games (Running clock)
- No Make-it / Take-it. When a team scores, defense then becomes offense
- Ball must be taken back to the three point line on all missed shots and steals
- Ball must be checked at top of key, behind three point line, on dead balls and made shots
- Must pass ball in to start play off a dead ball
- Game will be scored by 2’s and 3’s
- 2 point for all shots inside three point line
- 3 points for shots outside 3 point line
- Substitutions – Only on dead ball
- Ball will be checked up on all fouls until 7 team fouls occur
- On the 7th team foul and thereafter, every foul on the shooter will be counted as 2 points inside the are, 3 points if outside the arc.
- After 10 fouls, ALL FOULS are automatically 2 points
- No Stalling – Teams cannot hold the ball. 5 seconds closely guarded rule is in effect
- Technical fouls result in ejection from tournament
- Court Monitors have final say on any discrepancies Court Monitors will keep score and call fouls
- All games will run on the same clock and start on time. Players must be aware of what court and what time the games are scheduled!
- No coaches allowed! This day is about the kids playing in a relaxed atmosphere. Let’s all keep this in mind and just enjoy watching some 3 on 3 basketball.
No tolerance rule. Any fan or team member ejected will be gone for the entire tournament. Fighting is an automatic ejection from the tournament for any players involved. The will be no questions asked.